วันที่ 1 ตุลาคม 2546 คณะอนุกรรมการสถาบันประจำมหาวิทยาลัย
(อ.ก.ม.) เห็นชอบให้จัดตั้ง คณะใหม่ คือคณะวิทยาการจัดการและสารสนเทศศาสตร์ (ชื่อเดิมของคณะบริหารธุรกิจ เศรษฐศาสตร์และการสื่อสาร) โดยแยกออกจากคณะมนุษยศาสตร์และสังคมศาสตร์เดิม
On October 1, 2003, the Higher Education Commission approved the establishment of the Faculty of Management and Information Sciences (MIS). This faculty separated from the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences (HSS). The Faculty is divided into the Office of the Secretary and 8 academic departments: Business Administration, Tourism, Business Computer, Accountancy, Economics, and Information Sciences for Communication, Mass Communication, and Public Relations.
On September 7, 2005, the Higher Education Commission approved in the minutes of meeting # 14/2005 the reorganization of the Faculty, from 8 academic departments to
1. The Department of Business Administration consisting Business Administration, Tourism, and Business Computer. In 2008, the Faculty introduced a new major, Finance and Banking.
2. The Department of Economics and Accountancy
3. The Department of Communications consisting Public Relations, Information Sciences for Communication, and Mass Communication.
The Faculty was renamed as the Faculty of Business, Economics and Communications (BEC) on 21 August 2012. The Faculty is now divided into 3 parts:
1. The Office of the Secretary consisting Administration, Accounting and Purchasing, Plan and Policy Analyst, Academic Affairs, Research and Academic Services, and Student Affairs and Alumni Relations. Each division is managed by a head of division and Associate Dean.
2.the Faculty currently consists of 5 academic departments:
2.1 The Department of Business Administration consisting Business Administration, Business Computer, Finance and Banking
2.2 The Department of Tourism
2.3 The Department of Economics
2.4 The Department of Accountancy
2.5 The Department of Communications consisting Public Relations, Mass Communication, and Information Sciences for Communication
3. The Centre for Excellence for Stock Exchange of Thailand (SET) has the same status as a department. The purpose of the Centre is to create networks both inside and outside of the country, provide investment information, support for lecturers to produce high quality research for publication and use for commercial purposes.
On February 22, 2015, the Higher Education Commission approved the Faculty of Business, Economics and Communications plan to divide the Office of the Secretary into 3 parts:
1. The Office of the Secretary
1.2. Accounting and Purchasing
1.3. Academic Affairs
1.4. Student Affairs and Alumni Relations
1.5. Research and Academic Services
1.7. Graduate Education
2. The Department of Business Administration
3. The Department of Tourism
4. The Department of Economics
5. The Department of Accountancy
6. The Department of Communications
7. Center of Excellence in Tourism Management
8. Center of Excellence in Small and Medium Enterprises Management
9. On February 22, 2015, the Center of Academic Service in Capital Markets, Economic and Applied Business was established and replaced the SET Investment Center (SET IC)